Sunday, February 21, 2021

THE 'GREEN' MEMORIES OF MY LIFE!

The time was 6 AM and at 68, I got up and looked thru' my window..

The green grass in my open garden looked much greener in those early morning hrs at the back of twilight in the eastern horizon..

Soon I took bath in my green colored bucket, readied myself, filled my green water bottle with water and came out of my home..

I had to walk few minutes to reach my usual park where I regularly walk and for that I had to cross the road at the junction point..

The traffic signals were already on and I waited for my green to cross the road..

As waited, I saw next to me the early morning vegetable vendor too waiting to cross carrying lot of green vegetables on his cart..

We both got the green to cross for us and I quickly crossed the road..

Soon I entered my park which was full of greenery with green color spread over everywhere at the back of neatly laid out walk paths all around the park for morning walkers..

As I was walking, I saw a parrot on the a tree full of green leaves with the green parrot camouflaging it's color with that of leaves..


I finished my walk by 9 AM and came out of the park to return home..

"Dear! Read the name of the park!"

One elderly man was asking his little grand son showing the green board on which the name of the park was written..

"Last year, I used to see school going children in green uniforms.. Now days, I miss them a lot!"

Was the comment from a man with his friend as they over took me..

Suddenly a green painted bus went past me with high speed raising some dust all round..

On the way as I had to buy few groceries, I entered my usual shop..

"Do you want green apples? They are fresh!"

Asked me the shop keeper..

"OK.. Give a few along with my usual items!"

I said. The shop keeper gave me all the required in a green cotton bag with a smile..

As I came out, I saw a young man pasting 'Go Green' posters all along the walls..

"Don't go that side.. The green moss has collected there.. It's quite slippery!"

The elderly man was seen advising some boys walking on the side..

"It's because of our Green Initiative, the change came thru'.. Now, it's all paperless work!"

Some one was heard saying proudly..

A  man was seen selling tri-colored National Flags at the signal crossing point for the coming up function and one man was heard telling his child the significance of green color of the flag.. 

'The grass is always green on the other side of the fence!'

The neighbor boy was heard reading aloud as I entered my home..

I relaxed for in my easy chair for a while reading the day's News Paper in detail..

"Sir!Shall I use green color paint for the walls of your small garden?"

The painter painting my garden asked me..

"Along with the wall, paint the flower pots too with green!"

I instructed him..

Soon, I finished my lunch with many colored vegetables among them green remaining predominant and rested for a while..

Slowly, sleep over took me and soon I got into a dream where in I was on arranged tour to different parts of the world of scenic beauties..

"Thanks for the great tour arranged!"

I heard saying aloud when I was suddenly woken up from my dream. Further, as I got into my other activities slowly recapitulating my dream, as I saw and thought of green so many times in that morning, I was taken to the best spots on the earth of civic beauties, where green alone is predominant










And all those scenic beauties till today remain with me, as my sweet

GREEN MEMORIES

Of my life!

‘This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend,


an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.’

Keyword: GREEN

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful observations, green is all around us, words woven so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the appreciation.. Sorry, seen the comment late!

      Delete