Monday, April 5, 2021

D FOR 'DAD'.. WHAT'S HE LIKE?


It was truly a touchy emotional scene. The daughter for the first time was traveling to distant lands to join her family. And the dad packed 3 big bags for her apart from the usual smaller ones..

“Why 3 big bags? They allow only 2 on my Flight!”

“On extra payment they allow the 3rd. I’ll pay for that!”

“It’s too much. I can’t take all of them out myself at the Arrival Point!”

“Please hire the ‘Help’ at the Airport. Take from me money for that!”

“The taxis there are not big. They can’t take 3 big bags along with the other smaller ones!”

“Hire a bigger vehicle. Take all that extra money from me!”

“Why are you spending unnecessarily so much on all this stuff of not much value?”

"It's not out of family money which later comes to you all, my heirs. For the past one month, I worked extra doing specific jobs and earned myself that money..

These are the items you love to have with you as I know. You alone bought them all and stored safely all these days. I can’t give a lesser importance to these under the name of saving my rupees!”

The daughter couldn't reply for a while. Her emotions were beyond control.. The dad continued,

“Don’t worry.. All are taken care now.. Tell me if I have forgotten anything else to pack. I’ll add one more bag and pay for that too!”

The daughter looked at him spellbound..

“Yes! Dear! I am just taking advance care of myself in all these actions!”

“What are you talking? I'm not getting it!”

“On a certain day in the coming days, I, under the influence of either forgetfulness or any other emotion may do some 'Less' for you..

Since such an action, if done even once would produce a never ending pain in the heart of a dad, I am doing much more in advance now so that at any time in future, the very thought that I gave you the max once upon a time will surely console me in such instances even though they are almost rare!”

I am participating in the Blogchatter A2Z Challenge 2021 starting on April 1st, 21 and this is my 4th Post in that context..

#BlogchatterA2Z - 2021

https://www.theblogchatter.com/

Keyword: DAD,#BlogchatterA2Z

4 comments:

  1. This is such a delightful post. I am sure Indians can easily relate to the occasions discussed in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rajeev for the compliment and appreciation.. Yes.. You said it right and it happens often.. Love the comment.. Wishes!

      Delete
  2. wow! this left a smile on my face. i remember my mom with this same situation while i was leaving for my higher studies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the true love of parents and it is infinite.. We grow into fully developed individuals at the back of that Great Love alone.. Thanks and wishes!

      Delete