Tuesday, February 14, 2023

6 THUMBS-UP! #WriteAPageADay


"Grandpa! I secured Scholarship for my studies!"

The grandson from the other part of Globe announced on phone joyously..

"Oh! dear! What are you saying? My.....!"

The grandpa feeling extremely happy was about to congratulate the boy, when the grandson interrupted saying,

"You know..The scholarship supports my studies!"

"Yes, dear, scholarships are very helpful to us. Means you are a brilliant student! My thumbs-up.. No.. No.. My 6 thumbs-up to you!"

"Why 6 thumbs up?  It should be 1!"

"Yes, my boy.. One thumbs-up to you because you did well in your studies!"

"Ok.. The 2nd?"

"The 2nd-thumbs up to you because you made your parents happy!"

Got it.. But why 6?"

"The 3rd is because you made your grand parents happy!"

"Ok.. Why more?"

"The 4th thumbs-up.. You made your teachers happy as they feel now that they taught a gem student!"

"Done.. Then it should be 4.. Not 6!"

"The 5th thumbs-up.. You made your friends and close relations feel proud of you.. Am I right?"

"Yes.. Forgot to tell you.. My friend..... already rang up and congratulated me.. You are right!"

"Yes.. That's where the 5th thumbs up goes to you!"

"Then what for is the 6th one?"

"Can you guess?"

"One sec.. Let me think.. Hum... Not getting.. All known people, you mentioned.. Who else knows me? Tell me, Grandpa.. quickly.. Don't keep me in suspense!"

"One more chance.. Try guessing!"

"No.. I can't.. Tell me!"

"Ok.. Why is the scholarship given to you?"

"To study!"

"Why do we study?"

"To have knowledge!"

"In what way knowledge helps?"

"I don't know!"

"See.. Dear!  Knowledge is Power. Means with knowledge in hand, you can do many things and help people!"

"Yes.. You are right!"

"Thru' that Knowledge of yours, the world is going to be benefitted soon in coming years. For being a party to that 

Great work coming up in future,

The 6th thumbs-up is to you. God Bless you, my child!"

Keywords: THUMBS-UP, #WriteAPageADay

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. A few thoughts that came up here when my grandson said he got scholarship. Thanks for appreciation of the Post!

      Delete