Tuesday, February 21, 2023

THE '2 AVATARS' AT WORK! #WriteAPageADay


3 recently retired people with a Consultancy Offer in their hands were discussing one evening..

"I was offered the Consultancy Offer well before my retirement but they asked me join only after 1.5 months cooling period. I think, they meant asking me relax for few days from earlier active work, feel rejuvenated and then join the new job.. 

Accordingly I am cooling off!"

One said with all coolness..

"I too was offered the Consultancy Offer well before my retirement but they asked me join after 2 months cooling period. I think, they meant asking me complete the tasks settling all retirement receipts, feel rejuvenated and then join the new job..

Accordingly I am cooling off!"

The second said with all coolness..

"I was also offered the Consultancy Offer well before my retirement but they asked me join after 2.5 months cooling period. I think, they meant asking me spend more time with family which was missing all these days, feel rejuvenated and then join the new job.. 

Accordingly I am cooling off!"

The 3rd said with all coolness..

Hearing their talk, the wise man mused aloud..

"How come these gentlemen talk so easily about the Sacred Work, the Song of which forever goes thus..

The remuneration of today,
Sure 8 hrs of work of mine brings in
But not of everyday unless I
Ready myself to put in
More hrs and become smart
Keeping up quality/schedules with
Certain customer satisfaction..

Can't continue thus for long,
Need to start performing better and better
Retaining rapport with my customer along
Bringing profits to my Company..

Growing thus in profession,
Reaching senior levels with no exception ,
Bringing in more and more customers/orders and
The associated growth to the Company
Making me thus known in my company

WHAT I AM!'

No doubt, I can continue singing that song all the time but soon age comes in way of that wherein I can't contribute at that level and my Company asks me

RETIRE!

Thus closed 

ONE AVATAR

For these people. No doubt, the new Employer has given employment to these people to make use of their

EXPERIENCE-ENERGY

But there too, the Concept of Work never goes and so the Employer presently is singing that Song to these people saying..

'Cool off for sometime
And
Tune yourself to a life of no authority
As
With that changed psychology alone
you are fit to take up the New Assignment..

Here,
Subdued voice replaces earlier angry voice,
Smiling face replaces earlier grinning face,
Adjusting replaces earlier giving back,
Accepting replaces earlier comparing
And
Requesting replaces earlier demanding..

Done thus,
You become truly Giver to the Organization
Yourself taking 
SECOND AVATAR
At Work!

Keywords: WORK, AVATARS, #WriteAPageADay

No comments:

Post a Comment