Thursday, April 20, 2023

ROLES CHANGE; ATTITUDE CHANGES! #BLOGCHATTERA2Z 2023


As a Rule bound Manager..

“Mr Vignesh,


Listen.. Your papers can't be processed as rules don't permit this change. Please drop this and get back to your work. No more discussions and wasting time on this issue please!”


When promoted as HOD..


“Mr Suresh, 

Have you forgotten that am the Chief Executive here? If you've any respect for my posting, please don't argue any more. When I say this can't be granted, it can't be. Okay, From now, you are on your job. Understand?”

As GM..


“Mr. Ganesh, 

Yaar, you should improve the functioning of your Dept. Work hard and get some results at least this year. Let your Assistants.. Sorry.. Forgot their names.. Yeah.. Those

Suresh and Vignesh 

Let them become better. I've no option other than being after the results for these 2 yrs of my tenure here!”

Immediately after the Superannuation..


“Mr Ganesh, 

I'm just making this call and hope am not disturbing you. I put up my Note File 3 months before my retirement for a 2 year reappointment on Contract basis in our Dept. Shortly, the File would be routed to you. Please okay this and the rest I’ll follow up. Otherwise, how's life? Hope everything is fine!"

Strengthening the Contract Appointment..

“Mr Suresh, 

"Congrats on your promotion as HOD. It's good that Mr Ganesh has moved out. You are the right person here. Sir.. One small request.. My contract is coming to an end in 3 months and there's provision for one more year of extension. Pl help me here and I would be totally a help to you in all new works. By the way, how is the family doing? Convey my wishes for them!” 

Finally, catching the last straw..

“Mr. Vignesh, 

Good Morning, Sir! It's me.. I heard that you are In-Charge now. Hearty congrats to you.. It's the right decision of Management.  Sir, One point.. I understand that our Company is interested in hiring few Retired people till the age of 67 years and am interested in this..

I would be really helpful to you in your area and that keeps me too engaged at this point of time. If you help me here........... 

By the way, I heard your son had passed this year with Distinction. Congrats. He is sure in your footsteps. OK, Sir! Good night.. I await for call from you!”

‘This post is part of #BlogchatterA2Z challenge’
Keywords: ROLES, ATTITUDE, #BLOGCHATTERA2Z2023

2 comments:

  1. A thought provoking write. Indeed we all look for a job when we near our retirement and we all use our sources to make it happen. I enjoyed this post of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a nice and interesting comment from you on the Post. You said it right.. Engaging ourselves with active work becomes a problem after retirement and every one tries to hang on to the earlier work place as much possible. Further, earnings too get reduced all of sudden.. Thanks for the comment.. Wishes!

      Delete