- While walking on the road with family when certain alms were sought, he gave a fixed sum and sent off the person. And seeing that when one of the family members commented that the wrong was encouraged, he said with a smile, "Presently, I'm much better than that person and what I parted with will sure be useful to him for an immediate decent expression to make himself better tomorrow!"
- When enquired on why he withdrew a certain money from his permanent savings A/c with no big expenditure in front, he smiled and said, "One of you brothers may suddenly need some money and may not have with you. I'm just keeping this with me to give you at that point of time!"
- While conducting the mother's Ceremony, as giving an Offering had come up, he called forth one of his Assistants present there who was punished earlier by him only for indiscipline in Office and said, "I wish to give this Offering to you at this point of time. Please take this and bless me!"
- During one of the important family functions, when the VIPs were pouring in and his brothers felt a bit hesitant to be in front of the dias, he personally got off from the dias, walked towards them and said, "Please all of you come sit in the front row and witness the function. You are my No1 VIPs for this function!"
- When it was the time of taking care of certain important house hold items of the then joint family after the demise of the mother he said, "You rest take whatever you like and leave me the left out of approx equivalent value. I'm not particular with what you give me. But with your permission, I' wish to take these 18 Volumes of Mahabharata which our mother had kept with her all these years safely!"
- And finally out of a firm faith as the father nominated him for some of his financial dealings, after the parents' demise, he honestly followed the right way of distribution of all of that among all his brothers without generating a single remorse feeling in any one of them!
That was my eldest brother ever loved by one and all in his life and such a loved brother breathed his last in the year 2000. Hearing that bad news, no doubt instantly generated in me a sad and depressed feeling of a big loss of my life but the next moment itself as I remembered Sloka 40, Chapter VI of Srimad Bhagavad Gita which says,
'Partha naiveha namutra vinsas tasya vidyate
na hi kalyana krt kascid durgatim tata gachhati'
'O Arjuna, there never exists destruction for that one (engaged in good activities) in this life nor in the next life;(And) who is engaged in virtuous acts never comes to evil (will never have a fall)!'
I instantly became calm with a satisfying feeling within that one never stops here and continues this journey eternally and it's ever my duty in the scenario to remember the message left behind by the person thru' his good deeds, follow the same to the best of my abilities and thus sail thru my life!
(This Post is written in line with the IndiSpire Prompt #LifeWithoutYou)