10 days post demonetization was a hectic period with every one keeping themselves busy with the deposit of their old currencies and withdrawing the new 2000 Notes released along with 100 Notes as well as the lower denominations over the bank counters..
- Simultaneously switching over to the card and internet payments wherever possible!
- Making available 2000 Notes, limited to issue of one note per day/per account!
- Sighing and saying that he had just Rs 1800 in his account!
The 3 wheeler driver with me as his passenger requested me on a day to accommodation his 14 yr son too along with me to leave him for a while at a specific ATM on the way to keep his queue number as he could complete a few near by trips and
- Wait for a call from his boy that his turn was due!
- Which were instantly preserved carefully for exigencies!
- A few nearby ATMs were loaded with 500 Notes with the daily limit simultaneously enhanced to Rs 4500!
- 'Let's hope the machine does not dispense one old 1000 and 500 Note each!'
- Suddenly the machine made a big sound and to my surprise straight away delivered a 2000 Note!
- 'I can draw one 500 Note only as my account has just Rs 700 balance!'
- Thus saving my precious energies of walking up to the ATM and return empty handed!
- To answer me on other banking queries with the life coming to a semi normal state!
- One issue was crystal clear during this 10 weeks time that passed Viz.,
- 'In Democracy all are equal but some are more equal!'