AH, AT LAST.. OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE!
A Great Saint in His Monastery used to conduct daily discourses and prayers with many devotees around Him.. One devotee used to come in time, sit from beginning to the end of the program, do his prayer and then only leave the Place.. He had a weakness with him and the other disciples repeatedly reminded the Saint that the man's presence made the place unholy..
One day the Saint smilingly told the disciples, “I see daily this man dot on time in his clean ironed dress with hair well groomed sitting in full attention till the end of the program.. Why don’t you open up and learn this discipline from him which I presently see missing in you?” thereby conveying me the message that
- Better I leave the comfort zone of my comparisons!
- Better I leave the comfort zone of my easy life!
- Better I leave the comfort zone of my ownership!
- Expressing myself to what I am within
- Understanding my next man which hitherto was nil in me as I was ready to explode at the slightest discomfort
- What exactly I am destined to be in this life thru' a certain sacrifice thus truly elevating myself in the eyes of Almighty!
‘This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative forIndian Bloggers by BlogAdda.’
Keyword: comfort zone