Thursday, November 22, 2018

NO DOUBT, THE ENDLESS QUERY HAD A SURE SURPRISE IN THE END!


The Little Boy of 6+ was too active..

"Grandma.. Who are Great People?"

"Dear! The Great People are those who did good to the world!"

"I too want to do good to the world. Can you tell me what to do?"

"You are too small now and you should first do good to yourself. Then when you grow up, you can do good to others also!"

"I am already doing good to myself.. See..

I get up in the morning in time, get ready, go to school, listen to my Teacher and learn, come back, play, do home work and study, then eat food and sleep in time..

If I do all this, then alone mommy says..

I'm a Good Boy!"

"Yes.. Yes.. Dear! You are already doing all this.. Great.. But you should continue doing all this, grow up and become big.. Then you can do all that good to others!"

"Then doing good to others when I grow up is..

Asking people to get up in the morning in right time, get ready, go to school.. No..No.. go to office, come back, no play but do exercise, do home work no study but read some other thing, watch TV, then eat food and sleep in time..

Is that all what Great People did?"

The grandma was totally in smiles..

"Yes.. dear! There are many more things the Great People have said and done.. All that you will understand when you grow up.. Okay?"

"No.. I can understand now.. Tell me what more did they do and tell?"

"Dear! You won't understand all that.. There are many things one can do when they grow up!"

"No you should tell!"

"Our Great Saint Swami Vivekananda went to America and told people to do many good things.

People listened to Him and promised to do good!"

"Did he say any other thing?"

"You won't understand, if I say that!"

"No I can understand.. Tell me!"

The grandma was silent for a while..

"Tell me grandma!"

"Okay.. You know what he said to every one..

'Arise.. Awake.. Stop not till the goal is reached!'

And every one promised to do that.. He is such a Great Saint of our life!"

"Oh! It's simple and I'm already doing something of that in my school holidays. But when school is open, I can't do that..
  • If am awake, how can I go to school, study and play? I'll feel sleepy!
  • If I rise early, I can play in the evening but studying in the night.. Impossible! 
  • If I don't stop these two, when do I study and become big to do other good?"
Keyword: QUERY

8 comments:

  1. Really wonderful way to narrate the childhood innoncence and their queries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suhasini for the appreciation.. A nice comment on the Post!

      Delete
  2. Cute kid and his cuter questions. Grandma has a lot of patience. But of course, this is her grandson. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great of you to say so, Abhijit.. Thanks for the compliment!

      Delete
  3. A heartfelt Post!! Enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe. The cascade of innocent questions cant be contained! Lovely read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anagha Yatin for the appreciation on the Post.. A good comment here!

      Delete