Tuesday, November 10, 2020

GOOD AND BAD.. WHAT ARE THEY ULTIMATELY?



"That man is bad!"

"What do you mean, when you say, he is bad? Did he not meet your expectations?"

"Why should he meet my expectations? That's not what I meant.. He is doing something unacceptable!"

"You decided that what he is doing is unacceptable?"

"Not me saying this.. Ask any one, they say the same!"

"Is it the group judgement? You mean all of you, the like minded met, discussed and passed a resolution that he is bad?"

"What are you saying? I don't get your point!"

"May be they don't want to displease you and so are nodding to what you say!"

"You mean to say.. I only created all this? Should I assume that he is good and interact with him with a smile?"

"See dear! good and bad are relative terms. Other than those behaviors where one is not law bound, rest are out of his/her freedom of expression and I don't have any right to put that down..

But, many times I do that because
  • Majority are in concurrence with what I think and
  • I expect every one in communication / interaction with me should behave in that way..
Truly speaking I should
  • End my unnecessary commenting in all such cases,
  • Make a note of rest good behaviors of the man and
  • Start appreciating therein as much making that a habit with me
Ever remembering what the Great Saint had taught us in that context..

When the disciples were not happy with a man of ill-repute visiting the Ashram regularly, the Great Saint said,
  • "I see this man daily coming to this place in time, himself well dressed and groomed and sits thru' full time paying all the attention whereas none of you are doing. Why don't you learn these good habits of him and implement with you?"
Confirming the fact that it's ever good for one to see as much good in others as possible and carry that respect for the man instead of resorting to the easy path of criticizing bringing out the man's defects..

Simultaneously, it's truly worthy if I am ready to review my defects if any brought to my notice and correct myself as much ever remembering what the Great Man had taught us in that context..

Whenever the Great Man was praised even a bit,
  • He used to feel instantly restless,
  • Continue search to find out any mistake He was doing and
  • Bring out the same in front of others to stress the fact that
He was not that Great and

Then alone used to be at peace confirming the fact that..

Yielding to praise in our life is an eternal trap and the sooner one comes out of that and start accepting own mistakes, the better!

The Post is for BlogChatter to CauseAChatter..

Keywords: GOOD, BAD

No comments:

Post a Comment