Saturday, February 6, 2021

MY 'SECRET SELF' IS....

That evening at 68 yrs old, when I was on a stroll in my park, I noticed a good Spirit in distress. I felt for the good Spirit and helped It out to the best of my abilities. It, in return offered me a special boon saying..

”I see you struggling at your age with the age related problems with not much to do. Do you want to re-live all that youthful life of 15-25 yrs of many opportunities?”

Instantly, I was thrilled.. Great.. What an opportunity to re-live my life at a stage of vigorous youth with full of energy? But wait.. Is it really so? No..No.. I've to learn all those A, B, Cs again from so many people.. Can't lose my dignity of matured, wise elderly life.. 

Don't want!” 

“OK.. Do you want to re-live the life of 25-35 yrs where in youthfulness and certain maturity go together?”

I recollected back..

“No..No.. it's just immature maturity and a seasoned man next to me was taking me easy all along. Can't imagine going thru' all that again..

Don't want!” 

“OK.. Why not 35-45 yrs of prime life with recognition from all directions as a man of something?” 

“Again.. What for all that struggle and running round again? It’s too hectic.. 

Don't want!” 

“OK! What about the life of 45-55 yrs where you would be a seasoned man of true maturity backed by power and recognition?”

“Have I to pass thru’ all that glory only to come back to ‘Nil’ once again?

Don't want!” 

“Okay.. It's final.. You'll be definitely happy from with the life of 55-65 yrs which was just the recent of yours minus the present troubles?”

“No.. All that vanishing trick and re adjusting task again? It’s a pain..

Don't want!” 

By that time, the good Spirit became impatient with me.. 

“Then what do you want? Tell me quickly. I've to go now.. Don't waste my time!”

It said firmly..

“Yeah.. One minute.. Got it.. Presently, few issues are troubling me and out of those,

This one issue………. is pestering me beyond.. 

If you help me out a bit, I would be truly grateful!”

Suddenly my dream ended and I woke up from my deep sleep. It was early morning hrs with twi-light seen on the eastern horizon and the twittering of the birds heard in distance..

As I rubbed my eyes and try slowly recollecting my dream, a smile came up on my face with a deep feeling in me on the previous night's thoughts of mine on this week's IndiSpire Prompt..


And the answer I got thru' my strange dream is

I love my present alone the best forever with the trifling issues of mine by the side hoping them to be resolved soon and forever, I'd like to be
 
THAT ME ALONE!

The Post is written for this week's IndiSpire Edition 362.

Keyword: SELF

2 comments:

  1. Nice, interesting narration on the subject!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rajeev for the appreciation.. Love it.. Nice to see your Posts on BlogChatter too now-a-days.. Best Wishes!

      Delete