Saturday, June 19, 2021

THE IMPARTIAL WAY OF LIVING.. SURE, A FEATHER IN THE CAP!


King Yudhisthira and his brothers were living in a certain forest area during their exile period..

One day the King sent his brothers one by one to a nearby pond to fetch some water as the earlier sent brother had not returned. Lord Yama in the guise of Yaksha stopped and asked each one of them to answer His Questions first before touching the waters.They did not care to reply there. Thus they fell off collapsed near the pond..

Finally, King Yudhisthira went there in search of his brothers and faced Lord Yama. With all due respect, he instantly replied all the Questions put to him. Lord Yama fully satisfied, gave a single boon to the King..

One of his brothers only would be brought back to life!

King Yudhisthira replied,
  • “Reverend Sir, I am the eldest to my mother and I am alive. My other mother had two sons and both of them are not alive now. I pray, You please bring back her one of the twin sons, Prince Nakul to life. That way both of my mothers will have their one son each living here afterwards!”
Lord Yama pleased with the Dharma followed by the Great King, brought back all the brothers to life!

That's exactly the way one lives in an impartial manner!

It is a great quality by itself. It does the real good to the world and under its spirit every one lives with their full freedom of expression and dignity..

My duties are always sacred. There is no doubt that I should discharge these duties without an iota of partiality. And there alone lies the catch..

If I get it, I am the Master and all around me including myself are the true beneficiaries in the process!

When the Great Personality was asked the question,
  • “Suppose your son and another young man are exactly in need of your whole attention, whom do you attend first?”,
The Great man replied,

“In such a scenario, doubtless I attend to my son first!”

When questioned whether he was partial in that way, the Great man replied,

“Under an exact situation, I have a more duty towards my son than to the young man!”

And the Path is so crystal clear with the back up of that impartiality!

‘This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon
https://www.theblogchatter.com/

Keywords: IMPARTIAL, WAY

4 comments:

  1. This is a great lesson about impartiality ! Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chinmayee Gayatree for the compliment and liking the Post message.. Wishes!

      Delete
  2. The part about having more duty towards one's son is very interesting. We need to follow principles and also think through the context before acting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rightly said, Sona.. Duties with us ever sacred and we need to discharge them with all devotion. Thanks for the good comment on the Post. Wishes!

      Delete