Monday, February 16, 2015

ALL PLANS 'UNDER THE CARPET' THE NEXT MOMENT!

Top post on IndiBlogger.in, the community of Indian Bloggers
Friday evening around 5.30 PM.... The Manager too tired of his day's hectic work was ready to go home at the back of 2 days holidays.... The mobile phone rang up….

“Tomorrow afternoon we have to go for the Outing.......... Hope you haven't fixed other engagements in that time...." the spouse reminded....


"I'm totally free for the 2 days.... I' ll be with you!" he confirmed....

"Swati wants to talk to you.... One minute!" saying that she handed over the phone to the daughter....

“Dad! Can we go out tomorrow early morning itself and buy all that stuff required for my College Function........." the daughter demanded….

"No problem dear!  I will.... I'm fully free in the morning!" he assured....

"Grand Ma wants to tell you something...." the daughter quickly handed over the phone next to his mother....

“Leave off tomorrow.... Sunday you must positively take me to the Shrine........ Don't fix up anything for Sunday!” the mother demanded….

"Sure, Ma!  Don't worry.... I am totally free the whole Sunday!" he quickly answered with a smile and switched off the phone....

As he got up from the seat to go, the phone rang up again... “Yaar Ganesh! How are you doing?  Do you remember.... We met last time…..... I know you will be busy on Saturday.... Sunday Evening......... ” the close friend fixed the Program himself....

"One minute, Satish!  Let me check....Yeah! I'm free this Sunday evening.... No problem.... I'll be there positively by......"

“Mr Ganesh! Our Association's General Body Meeting is planned this Sunday at 10 AM........." was the message from the President of the Association on the mobile phone....


"Sir!  I'll come around 11 AM for half hr.... I'm totally free in those hrs.... Hope that would suffice...." he replied from his side.... 

As he quickly moved from the seat a few yards away the land line telephone rang up.... He soon returned and took the call....

“Hi, Ganesh! It's good you did not leave yet for home.... OK.... I want to tell you something very important.....Listen to me carefully.... Just now I got a call from our GM…. Tell me that you haven't fixed any important works for this Saturday and Sunday?"

"Sir! I have a few engagements........"

"Don't say that dear!  I very badly need your help.... Do something.... You know, this work is very important for all of us...."

"Sir, Please tell me....."

"Dear!  Listen….You know our Clients…......Their Chief had planned a two day Program tomorrow and day after with our GM to sort out all pending issues and take account of the advance monies paid by them adjusting the liquidated damages for late deliveries….You know, our Company's finances this year.... It's really a mess.... I tell you, these two days are really crucial for all of us and.....…."

"You just call your Suresh and Dinesh for about 2 hrs right now.... They will be at Home.... Take their help and keep ready all the details required for tomorrow....... Are you OK, dear?  Hope you have no other issue...."

"Sir! No problem.... Right now, I'm on the job.... I will be fully ready for the Meeting.... OK!  see you, Sir, Good Night!"

10 comments:

  1. Superb sir, felt like i lived my past again, instructions sounds similar, "there are three rules, 1. Boss is always right, 2. If Boss go wrong, 3. If so, follow rule no.1" :) hmm.. sad indeed to see the situation of such employees. Horrible bosses need to be reminded that everyone has family and it is for the family people are working for. So crucial to choose a right boss to work with. Better be on own and become a good boss. So i am trying to become one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.... You said it right.... I can be considerate where feasible and equally choose the appropriate where certain cushion prevails and thus continue....

      Delete
  2. story of everyone who is in NAUKRI..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! An inescapable journey of life but my salvation forever lies in withstanding such odds alone! Thanks for the good Comment!

      Delete
  3. Very true. Sometimes the companies take their employees for granted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree Arun.... But Boss is the Pay Master and generally he is under double pressure!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They are the words that generally flow freely while in Work Environment.... Thanks for the good Observation!

      Delete
  5. I pity the guy in this story. It's almost every working person's story.
    You are shredded to bits whilst making appointments for everyone that you have no time absolutely for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You said right.... Thanks for a good Comment!

      Delete