A man visited a distant Place thousands of miles away from his Native Place on the other part of the Globe.. And the very next as he ventured out of the house on his own and everything looked strange at the New Place.. The Local English accent appeared different, the Social Customs looked a bit strange and the Rules and Regulations in force were quite strict.. He was a worried man for a while and returned home with a certain tension..
- But life has to move on and soon in few days the man was at the nearby Grocery Shop for buying a few items.. Without looking this side and that side, he quickly picked up what he wanted, kept a single Currency Note of a little higher Denomination ready in his hand and as soon as his item was billed and heard something, quickly handed over the Note, took the change given, thrust it into his pocket and walked out of the Shop…. And then alone he was at peace for the day….
- A week passed and the man had to venture out again to buy something.. There once again, more or less the same actions were repeated but during that period, he could distinctly hear the Clerk talking of the cash to be paid, handed over the Note readily kept in hand, took the change and the item but walked out slowly in a bit relaxed way..
- Another week passed.. That time, he himself ventured out with certain ease carrying with him the list of items needed for the week, carefully looked at the Display at the Billing Counter for the total Cost, gave almost the required Cash, took back the small change and the items given and came out with all ease..
- That continued.. And soon in the next month beginning, it was a big purchase for the fortnight.. The man moved to the Shop with his bags, carefully checked the Prices, selected the cheaper ones leaving out the costlier, mentally summed up the cost, took out the nearest Currency Note denomination, handed over the same to the Cashier with a smile, saying ‘Thank You’ took back the change and the items indirectly counting the change returned and came out of the Shop with all ease well relaxed..
- A month passed.. The man was again at the Stores.. He greeted a few people saying ‘Hi’ to them with a smile, picked up his items and as he was moving towards the Cash Counters, noticed a few ‘Self Check-out Counters’ too by the side and decided to give a try there.. Initially it was some confusion but he quickly could take some ‘Help’ there and complete his buying..
- For the next one month, he was totally a free and relaxed man at the same Automatic Counters slowly scanning the items, inserting the cash, collecting the change and items and walking out with his bags..
- After a while.. On a day, the man was heard requesting at the Shop.. “Hi! I billed this item yesterday and am finding it defective…. Can I just exchange the item? Here's the receipt and the item intact..”
- On another day later, he was heard insisting on something at the same Shop.. “Hi! This is defective.. I don’t have the bill but I think you will get the details when you scan the item.. I need the right replacement..”
That was the end and and finally it was time for the man to return from the Foreign Place.. The day before his Travel, he was seen at the same Grocery Shop arguing on something..
“Hi! This one am not liking…. I don’t have the bill and may be it is beyond the time of Exchange…. Can you check the details please?”
“Yes, Sir! This's beyond the period of Exchange….. I'm sorry we can't.................”
“Why not? As a Customer, I'm just unhappy with your item….The time limit might have crossed, but I see no great point here.. The item is intact and you can definitely use it.. And please, I don’t want the replacement but just want my cash back….That's it.... Kindly do the required…. I’ll be the happy man!”